NOTE: Wood flooring must be exposed to the air when being acclimated. However, follow the wood flooring manufacturer’s guidelines regarding site conditions and installation.
1. Follow wood flooring manufacturer’s guidelines for layout, design and any special precautions for
2. Spread adhesive using recommended trowel (see trowel recommendation chart). Install wood flooring
immediately after adhesive is spread. Working time is approximately 50-70 minutes under acceptable
temperature & humidity conditions. Adhesive must transfer 100% to the wood floor. NOTE: Thin-gauged
solid & engineered wood and exotic species are very sensitive to job site conditions. Wood flooring
manufacturers and TAYLOR written pre-installation and installation instructions, including acclimation of
the wood flooring, must be strictly followed or the TAYLOR warranty will be void.
3. Lay wood flooring into adhesive. Wood may slip and move at first so be sure to secure the initial row to
limit movement and hold patterns. Occasionally lift a piece of wood to assure adhesive is achieving 100% transfer. If proper transfer is not achieved remove dried adhesive and apply more using recommended trowel. The use of tape to temporarily hold the edges together may be necessary until installation is complete.
4. When installing near a solid object or wall, leave ample room for expansion (see flooring manufacturer’s recommended expansion guidelines). Installing wood too tight against a stationary object will not allow room for normal wood expansion, which may cause a failure. When the installation is complete, use wedges or some object to hold wood in place while adhesive dries. Remove wedges after initial setting of adhesive (approximately 2 hours) to allow for normal expansion of wood. Failure to remove wedges can cause the wood flooring to buckle and pop off the substrate.
5. Roll and cross roll floor with a 100-150 lbs (45-70 kg) roller at the end of the installation to ensure proper transfer of adhesive.
6. When installing unfinished wood flooring, wait a minimum of 72 hours before sanding.
7. When installing over radiant heated subfloors, turn the heat off for 24 hours before, during and 24 hours after installation. Failure to turn the heat off may result in shortened working time of the adhesive. Floor temperature must not exceed 85°F (30°C).
8. Restrict light traffic for a minimum of 16 hours. Restrict heavy traffic for a minimum of 24 hours after
installation is complete.
9. While this adhesive is freeze-thaw stable it is necessary to protect it from freezing.
10. Call Taylor Technical 1-800-868-4583 ext. 221 for installation instructions on wood over 5 inches wide
or 6 feet long.
VOCs: Less than 0.50 grams per liter.
Appearance: Off white, smooth, easy-to-spread mastic.
Working time: Approximately 60 minutes, depending on job site conditions.
Shelf life: One year in unopened container at 70° F (21.10°C).
Other features: Waterproof when cured, non-flammable. Freeze/thaw stable to 10°F (-12.22°C).
Clean Up: Clean up with Taylor Touchdown #9 Adhesive Remover/Stripper.