KILZ Upshot aerosol primer is an interior oil-base stainblocker with a unique vertical spray tip for overhead application. It's great for blocking ceiling stains like water, smoke and grease.
KILZ Upshot Features:
* Tinted to match most aged/acoustical ceilings
* Fast and easy vertical spray
* Seals pet and smoke odors
* Stains: water, smoke, tannin, ink, pencil, felt-marker and grease
* Odors: pet, smoke
* Use on: wood, drywall, plaster, paneling, wallpaper, masonry, brick and painted metal
Warning: Cancer & Reproductive Harm:
This Item Can NOT Be Shipped Internationally
||14 - 19 sq. ft.
|Finish @ 85o
|Min Application Temp
|Max Application Temp
|Dry To Touch
||15 - 30 min
|Dry To Recoat
|Max VOC (by weight)
||18.0% (+/-) 2%
||40.0% (+/-) 2%
| SURFACE PREPARATION†
- The surface
must be clean and free of dust, grease, wax, peeling paint, mold,
mildew, wallpaper paste, etc. If washing is necessary, use a non-soapy
detergent or a TSP substitute. Rinse well and allow to dry.
- Peeling or
Checked Paint: Scrape off loose paint and sand to a smooth surface.
Sanding or removal of paint containing lead is hazardous.
- Glossy Surfaces: For maximum adhesion, scuff sand the surface thoroughly before priming.
- Eye protection is recommended.
- For best results, use at room temperature. Cover adjacent areas to protect from overspray.
- Shake can vigorously
for 1 minute after mixing ball begins to rattle and often during use.
Hold can upright, moving from side-to-side while spraying lightly and
evenly, about 12" from area being painted. Two to three thin coats
produce best results.
- Topcoat with latex or oil-based paint after 15 minutes. Note: On some surfaces, spot priming may cause a non-uniform appearance in the final coat. To avoid this, prime the entire surface.
DRY TIME at 77°F (25°C), 50% RH
CLEAN UP & DISPOSAL
- Topcoat with latex or oil-based paint after 15 minutes.
- Clear spray valve
immediately after use by turning can upside down and spraying until only
clear gas is released. If spray nozzle becomes clogged, remove and
clean. Do not stick pins or wire into can opening.
- Replace nozzle with
valve opening pointed away from you. Clean fresh overspray with mineral
spirits or paint thinner. Remove dried paint with paint remover, but
test small area first to ensure paint remover does not damage substrate.
- To recycle or properly dispose of paint or primer in your community, call 1-800-CLEANUP.