KILZ Premium primer is a superior quality fast drying, low odor, zero VOC water-base, primer-sealer-stainblocker. Formulated to minimize problems caused by color changes, minor stains, surface textures and porosity differences, it offers excellent adhesion and provides a mildew resistant coating.
KILZ Premium Features:
* High hide formula/blocks previous colors & medium stains
* Seals surfaces for uniform finish
* Zero VOC/low odor
* Stains: water, smoke, tannin, ink, pencil, felt-marker and grease
* Odors: pet, smoke, food
* Use on: wood, ferrous metals, cast iron, wrought iron, steel cured plaster, wallpaper, masonry, CMU, under or over latex or oil based paint|
Warning: Cancer & Reproductive Harm:
|Coverage - Low
||300 sq. ft.
|Coverage - High
||400 sq. ft.
|Finish @ 85o
|Min Application Temp
|Max Application Temp
|Dry To Touch
|Dry To Recoat
||Nylon / Poly
|Roller - Smooth
||3/8" - 1/2" nap
|Roller - Porous
||1/2" - 3/4" nap
||.015" - .021"
||2,500 - 3,000
||54.7% (+/-) 2%
||40.5% (+/-) 2%
||95 - 105 KU
| WHERE TO USE
Use on properly prepared interior and exterior surfaces, such as:
- Painted Metal
- Properly Prepared Glossy Surfaces†
- The surface
must be clean, free of dust, grease, wax, peeling paint and wallpaper
paste. If washing is necessary use a non-soapy detergent or a TSP
substitute. Rinse well and allow to dry.
- For maximum
adhesion, scrape off loose paint and scuff sand the surface thoroughly
before priming. On glossy surfaces: scuff sand the surface thoroughly
- Unpainted, exterior wood exposed to sun and/or moisture longer than 2-4 weeks must be cleaned and sanded before priming.
- Wash the area with a mildew remover, rinse with water and allow to dry before priming.
- KILZ PREMIUM
may be used on clean, dry, aged masonry surfaces. New masonry must be
allowed to cure (dry) at least 30 days before applying KILZ PREMIUM.
- It is critical to clean smoke damaged surfaces thoroughly before priming. Primary Recommendation: KILZ ORIGINAL or KILZ ODORLESS.
- Eye protection is recommended.
- A small amount of water may be added for spray applications, but do not thin for stainblocking applications.
- Stir thoroughly before and occasionally during use.
- Apply using a brush, roller or sprayer.
- Only apply if surface, air and product temperatures are between 50°-90°F.
- Prime the entire surface to ensure a uniform appearance of the topcoat.
priming, test for stain bleed-through by applying the topcoat to a small
section. If the stain bleeds through the topcoat, apply a second coat
of primer and test again before topcoating the entire area. If bleeding
continues, a longer dry time is needed before topcoating.
- Tinting is
not recommended for stainblocking applications. KILZ PREMIUM may be
tinted with up to 2 ounces of universal colorant per gallon for
non-stainblocking projects. Tinting to a lighter shade than the topcoat
- Coverage is up to 300 square feet per gallon on porous surfaces; up to 400 square feet per gallon on smooth, nonporous surfaces.
DRY TIME at 77°F (25°C), 50% RH
CLEAN UP & DISPOSAL
- Dries to the touch in 30 minutes.
- Can be recoated or topcoated in one hour with latex or oil-based paint.
- Application at lower temperatures, in high humidity or in poorly ventilated areas will affect dry time.
- Clean equipment and paint spatters with warm, soapy water.
- Dispose of
contaminated absorbent, container and unused product in accordance with
all current federal, state and local regulations.
- To recycle or properly dispose of paint or primer in your community, call 1-800-CLEANUP.