New Name, Same Hardworking Formula!|
KILZ RESTORATION™ Primer (Formerly KILZ MAX) is
a new generation water-based primer, sealer and stainblocker offering
performance of traditional oil and shellac-based primers. It tackles
tough stains including heavy water damage, rust, smoke, nicotine,
grease, tannin, ink, pencil, felt marker, pet stains and more.
KILZ RESTORATION Primer also seals persistent pet, food and smoke odors.
Use on interior surfaces including drywall, woodwork, plaster, masonry,
brick, painted metal, ceramic tile, glass and most other glossy
surfaces†. Topcoat with water-based or oil-based paint. Use to block odors from subfloor when replacing carpet or wood flooring.
Warning: Cancer & Reproductive Harm:
This Item Can NOT Be Shipped Internationally
The following steps are recommended for product performance.
- All surfaces must be clean, free of dust, chalk, oil, grease, wax,
polish, mold and mildew, loose peeling paint, rust and all other foreign
- If washing is necessary, use a non-soapy detergent or a TSP substitute, rinse well and allow to dry.
- Peeling or Checked Paint: Scrape off loose paint and sand to a
smooth surface. Sanding or removal of paint containing lead is
- †Glossy Surfaces: For maximum adhesion, scuff sand the surface thoroughly before priming.*
- Mold or Mildew Covered Surfaces: Wash the area with a mildew remover, rinse with water and allow to dry before priming.
- Masonry, Brick, Stucco and Plaster: KILZ RESTORATION Primer may be
used on clean, dry, aged interior masonry surfaces that have cured
(dried) at least 30 days.
- Fire Restoration: It is critical to clean and repair damaged surfaces thoroughly before priming.
- Eye protection is recommended. For spray applications, a small
amount of water (no more than 1/2 pint per gallon) may be added. Do not
thin for stainblocking applications.
- Only apply if surface, air and product temperatures are between
50°-90°F. Stir thoroughly before and occasionally during use. Apply
using a brush, roller or sprayer.
- Brush – High quality Nylon/Polyester
- Roller – High quality 3/8-1/2" nap on smooth surfaces or 1/2-3/4" nap on semi-rough or porous surfaces.
- Airless spray – .017-.021 tip / 60 mesh filter
- Prime the entire surface to ensure a uniform appearance of the topcoat.
- Stainblocking: After priming, test for stain bleed-through by
applying the topcoat to a small section. If the stain bleeds through the
topcoat, apply a second coat of primer and test again before topcoating
the entire area. If bleeding continues, a longer dry time is needed
- Sealing Odors: For persistent odors, apply a second coat of primer
before topcoating. If odor continues, a longer drytime is needed before
- Tinting: KILZ RESTORATION Primer may be tinted with up to 2 ounces
of universal colorant per gallon. Tinting to a lighter shade than the
topcoat is recommended.
- Coverage: 300-400 sq. ft. (27.87-37 m2) per gallon depending on application method and surface porosity.
Dry Time at 77°F (25°C), 50% RH
To Touch: 30 Minutes
To Recoat / Topcoat: 1 Hour
Application at lower temperatures, high humidity or poor ventilation will affect dry time.
Clean up & Disposal
- Clean equipment and paint spatters with warm, soapy water.
- Do not dispose of this product down a drain. Please consider
donating any unused product. For recycling or disposal information
contact your local household refuse collection service.
- If spilled, contain material and remove with an inert absorbent.
Dispose of contaminated absorbent, container and unused product in
accordance with all current federal, state and local regulations. For
recycling or disposal information contact your local household refuse