KILZ General Purpose Interior is a fast drying, latex primer sealer formulated to minimize decorating problems caused by surface texture and porosity differences. It glides on easily and dries quickly, so you're ready to recoat in just 1 hour.
KILZ General Purpose Features:
* Minimizes problems caused by surface texture and porosity differences
* Prevents joint / seam flashing
* Low odor / Easy clean-up
* Stains: water, smoke, tannin, ink, pencil, felt-marker and grease
* Odors: pet, smoke
* Use on: wood, drywall, plaster, paneling, wallpaper, masonry, brick and painted metal|
Warning: Cancer & Reproductive Harm:
||Kilz General Purpose Wall Primer Gallon
||(Out of Stock)
||Kilz General Purpose Wall Primer Gallon - (Box of 2) Save by the box: $19.99 ea
||(Out of Stock)
|Check the items you wish to purchase, then click
|Coverage - Low
||300 sq. ft.
|Coverage - High
||400 sq. ft.
|Finish @ 85o
|Min Application Temp
|Max Application Temp
|Dry To Touch
|Dry To Recoat
||Nylon / Poly
|Roller - Smooth
||3/8" - 1/2" nap
|Roller - Porous
||1/2" - 3/4" nap
||.015" - .021"
||2,500 - 3,200
||31.4% (+/-) 2%
||47.4% (+/-) 2%
||95 - 105 KU
| WHERE TO USE
Use on properly prepared interior surfaces, such as:
- Complete all patching, repairs and sanding before applying KILZ GENERAL PURPOSE.
- The surface
must be clean, free of dust, grease, wax, mold, mildew, peeling paint
and wallpaper paste. If washing is necessary, use a non-soapy detergent
or a TSP substitute. Rinse well and allow to dry.
- For maximum
adhesion, scrape off loose paint and sand to a smooth surface. KILZ
PREMIUM and KILZ 2 are recommended for use over properly prepared glossy
- Wash the area with a mildew remover, rinse with water and allow to dry before priming. Note: KILZ PREMIUM and KILZ 2 are recommended for mildew-prone surfaces.
- KILZ GENERAL
PURPOSE INTERIOR may be used on clean, dry, aged masonry surfaces. New
masonry must be allowed to cure (dry) at least 30 days before applying
KILZ GENERAL PURPOSE INTERIOR.
- Eye protection is recommended.
- A small amount of water may be added for spray applications.
- Stir or mix thoroughly before and occasionally during use.
- Apply using a brush, roller or sprayer.
- KILZ GENERAL PURPOSE INTERIOR can be topcoated with latex or oil-based paint after one hour.
- Apply only if surface, air and product temperatures are between 50°-90°F.
- Prime the entire surface to ensure a uniform appearance of the topcoat.
- For stainblocking, use KILZ ORIGINAL, KILZ ODORLESS, KILZ 2 or KILZ PREMIUM.
- May be tinted with up to 2 ounces of universal colorant per gallon. Tinting to a lighter shade than the topcoat is recommended.
- Coverage varies with
porosity. Coverage is up to 300 square feet per gallon on porous
surfaces; up to 400 square feet per gallon on smooth, nonporous
DRY TIME at 77°F (25°C), 50% RH
CLEAN UP & DISPOSAL
- Dries to the touch in 30 minutes.
- Can be recoated or topcoated in one hour with latex or oil-based paint.
at lower temperatures, in high humidity or in poorly ventilated areas
can significantly increase dry and recoat times.
- Clean equipment and paint spatters with warm, soapy water.
- If spilled,
contain spilled material and remove with an inert absorbent. Dispose of
contaminated absorbent, container and unused product in accordance with
all current federal, state and local regulations.
- To recycle or properly dispose of paint or primer in your community, call 1-800-CLEANUP.