Homax Spray Texture is an oil-based texture for repairing orange
peel and splatter drywall textures on walls and ceilings. Drying in 5
to 30 minutes, it allows the user to paint over and complete a repair
in minutes. After making any necessary wall repairs, just spray on
texture, allow to dry and paint to blend with surrounding surface.
For FINER or “FOG” orange peel, can may be heated by running under warm water for 2 minutes.
COVER SURROUNDING ITEMS TO PROTECT FROM OVERSPRAY.
VENTILATE AREA WELL. DO NOT SPRAY ON CLOTHING, FURNITURE OR CARPET.
• Use paint thinner for clean up.
• Sprays best at room temperature. If pressure is too low, place can in
warm water. If pressure is too high, place in cold water.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE: MAKE ANY NECESSARY WALL REPAIRS BEFORE APPLYING.
FOR BEST RESULTS, PRIME / SEAL AREA BEFORE AND AFTER APPLYING TEXTURE.
- Shake can vigorously for one minute.
- Twist off safety tab from nozzle.
- Pointing away from face, turn dial
• CLOCKWISE for FINE ORANGE PEEL
- If fine pattern seems to heavy, rotate dial back and forth multiple times, then back to fine setting.
• COUNTERCLOCKWISE for HEAVY SPLATTER
- Spray at arms length, or 24-36" from surface.
- Always practice spraying on cardboard or scrap drywall to
determine preferred pattern. Spray using a circular, or sweeping
motion. (Texture should cover less than 80% of surface.)
- After use, clear nozzle by turning can upside down and spraying until texture is cleared.
DRY TIME: Texture can be painted after 5 to 30 minutes, heavier textures may require longer dry time.