- Exterior use only
- New or weathered exterior wood surfaces that are porous enough to accept a penetrating finish
- Exterior wood decks, fences, siding and outdoor furniture
- 100 - 200 sq ft/gal (9.3 - 18.58 sq m/gal)
- Coverage will vary depending on the type, age and texture of the wood.
- 24 - 48 hours, depending on temperature and humidity
See the product label for more information and details regarding application.
1. Cover everything you do not wish to coat,including plants.
2. Make sure the wood surface has been properly prepared and is completely dry. (See flood.com/guideme for help choosing the right prep product based on the type and condition of the wood.)
3. For color uniformity, intermix all containers being used, and do not thin the product.
4. Stir the finish before and periodically during application.
5. Test the color in a small area.
6. Apply liberally with a brush, roller or sprayer.
7. After spray application, backbrush or backroll to improve penetration and uniformity of coverage. Remember, Flood CWF Oil is not a surface coating.It protects by penetrating the wood surface.
8. Apply a second coat before the first coat dries (usually within 30 minutes). Do not apply a second coat if the first coat has dried.
9. Allow the second coat to penetrate for 10 to 15 minutes, then wipe up any finish that has not penetrated to even out the appearance and to avoid shiny spots.
10. Allow the surface to dry 24 to 48 hours.