The Earlex Spray Station HV5500 is a powerful, professional HLVP unit designed for light contractor jobs, woodworkers, serious DIYâers and automotive enthusiasts. The portability of the Earlex Spray Station HV5500 makes this unit ideal for workshop, home or job site use. Contractors can complete small to medium size jobs like interior or exterior trim, doors, shutters and more, faster using less material in the process.
Power and Precision
The professional metal spray gun and more powerful 650 watt turbine make the 5500 spray station an ideal tool to achieve a quality professional finish on a wide variety of projects. The pro spray gun has a fast push-and-click three-position external spray pattern changing system with from 1-inch to 12-inch fan widths. Just âpush and clickâ to change your spray pattern from vertical to horizontal or round. Easily move around the job site using the HV5500 spray station convenient carry handle. The 5500 is ideal for use in many environments where a great finish is required or overspray presents a problem.
What Can Be Sprayed
The Earlex Spray Station HV5500 can be used indoors or outdoors for multiple projects. Use the 5500 with many different oil-based and water-based materials including: thinned latex, stains, lacquers, varnishes, sealers, oils, urethanes, shellacs, acrylics and enamels.
What's in the Box
Standard features on the pro spray gun are: a fast push-and-click three-position external spray pattern changing system, paint flow control dial, stainless steel tip and needle and an angled paint pick-up tube for overhead or downward spraying. The one-quart Teflon coated paint container makes cleanup easy. The 5500 also features convenient on-board storage for the spray gun, a 13-foot air hose and 5.5-foot power cord.
What materials can I use?
* Wood preservatives
* Oil based paints
* Water based paints
* Thinned latex
* Deck stains
* Solvent based paints
* 1 quart capacity
* 650w Turbine motor
* Neon on/off switch
* Kit includes: turbine unit, onboard storage pod, onboard hose and power cord storage, 1 quart Teflon-coated paint container with metal spray gun and stainless steel needle, viscosity cup, long carry handle and spray gun cleaning kit
* Includes 2.0mm (0.08″) stainless steel tip and needle
* 13-foot air hose
* 42 CFM/ 2.2 PSI
* 5.5-foot power cord
Hints & Tips
* Preparation is essential - remember to mask around the areas you are not spraying.
* Take a minute to ensure paint viscosity is correct- thin paint as necessary using water or relevant thinners.
* If you've never sprayed before, 1-2 minutes practice on cardboard to develop your technique will ensure you get a great result.
* Allow time for drying between coats.
* Fine mists will generally dry faster than heavier coats. This will allow you to build up coats faster and there is less likelihood of runs.
* Avoid spraying when windy.