Surface Preparation & Application:
1. Maintain adhesive, floor covering and room at a temperature of at least 65ºF (18º C) for 24 hours before and
2. Provide adequate ventilation for 72 hours after installation or until chemical odors cannot be detected.
3. All subfloors on, above, or below grade must be flat, firm, dry, smooth, clean and free of dust, dirt, wax,
paint and foreign material. Concrete floors must be fully cured (not less than 28 days after pouring) and be
free of excessive moisture, alkalinity and water pressure. Perform standard moisture and alkalinity tests if
Floor Covering Type Trowel Notch Size Approx. Coverage
Sheetgoods, VCT 1/16” x 1/16” x 1/16” 18-22 square yds/gal
.080, 1/8” &3/32” file Square-Notched
Carpets with regular- 1/8” x 1/8” x 3/16” 8-12 square yds/gal
textured backing V-Notched
Carpets with deep - 1/8” x 1/8” x 3/16” 6-10 yd square yds/gal
textured backing U-Notched
1. Apply adhesive with the recommended trowel held at a 45º angle. Do not spread more adhesive that can be
covered in 20-40 minutes. Do not return excess adhesive to the container
2. Properly position floor covering and lay it into the adhesive. Allow the adhesive to set for 15 minutes when
working with less porous substrates or carpets with stiff backing.
3. Check to see if the adhesive is properly transferring to the floor covering by lifting a corner periodically. If
not, apply additional adhesive. Cut, fit, and readjust within recommended working time.
4. Roll width and length of the flooring with a standard 100 lb. roller or follow flooring manufacturer’s
5. When cross seams are encountered, use DAP® Nonflammable Contact Cement as a carpet seam sealer to
adhere the cross seam to the floor. Finish the installation according to the carpet manufacturer’s
Use warm soapy water to remove wet adhesive. Use mineral spirits to remove dried adhesive from tools and
Product in an unopened container has a 12-month shelf life when stored in a cool, dry place. Partially used
product will have a shorter shelf life. Maximum storage time can be achieved if storage container has minimal
air entrapment with a tight lid. Follow original directions for reuse. Product will withstand at least two
freeze/thaw cycles without affecting performance.