sandy brown coat plaster.
fore adhering cove base.
• Scarify (roughen) surface of glossy paint.
• Plaster must be dry and fully cured.
• Ensure that mold release agents are properly removed (consult with manufacturer of cove base).
Provide adequate ventilation for 72 hours after installation or until adhesive odors cannot be detected
• Not recommended for applications other than cove base/stair tread installations or bonding to non-porous surfaces such as ceramics, metals, etc.
• Not for continuous water submersion.
Surface Preparation & Application:
Before beginning, carefully read & follow the cove base manufacturer’s directions. 1. Surfaces must be
clean, dry, flat, firm and free of dust, dirt, wax, grease and foreign material. 2. Precut and fit materials
before applying adhesive. 3. Trim nozzle to 1/4" bead size. 4. Puncture inner foil seal. 5. Load cartridge
into caulking gun. 6. Apply a continuous bead to surface in a zigzag across the back of the cove base or
use a spreader tip for the cartridge. 7. Apply enough adhesive that at least 90% coverage is obtained
once the cove base is pressed into place. Apply no more adhesive than can be covered within 20 minute
open/working time. 8. Within 20 minutes, position and press cove base firmly into place while adhesive is
still wet. Use a hand roller immediately to assure uniform contact.
Use warm soapy water to remove wet adhesive from surface, hands and tools. Cured adhesive must be cut or scraped away.