1. Maintain adhesive, FRP and room at a stable temperature of at least 65º F (18º C) for 24 hours before and
2. Provide adequate ventilation for 72 hours after installation or until adhesive odors cannot be detected.
3. Wall surface must be clean, dry, flat, firm, and free of dust, dirt, loose paint, soap film, oil, curing
compound, old adhesive, wax, grease, and foreign material. Scarify (roughen) surface of glossy paint.
Plaster must be dry and fully cured. Never apply over wallpaper, vinyl wall coverings, sandy brown coat
plaster, or fresh plaster with high-moisture content.
Coverage is dependent on trowel condition and surface porosity.
1. Prefit FRP panels to the wall prior to applying adhesive.
2. Apply adhesive evenly over the wall or the entire back of the panel using a 3/32”x 3/32”x3/32” V-notch
trowel held at a 45° angle. Uncoated gypsum wallboard and other porous surfaces should be primed with a
skim coat of adhesive.
3. Wait 5 to 20 minutes, depending on temperature and humidity, before attaching panel to substrate. Some
backings may require “roughing up” to improve mechanical bond. Perform a test bond prior to application.
4. Roll the entire surface with a heavy-duty #333 extension hand roller or apply pressure with the edge of a
soft block of wood. Press firmly, working from center to outer edges.
5. Temporary bracing may be necessary if walls or panels are not straight.
Use soapy water to remove adhesive from cove base and tools. Use mineral spirits for dried adhesive.