Surface Preparation and Application:
1. Surface to be filled must be clean, dry and unglazed for best adhesion.
2. If wood is to be stained, stain wood before filling, then select the closest color of PLASTIC WOOD® to
match the stained wood.
3. For canned products, stir product with putty knife before application.
4. If the wood filler has become too stiff or dry, thin with solvent.
5. Press wood filler firmly into place with a gloved finger or putty knife. Avoid excess contact with
surrounding area. Build fill up slightly higher than surface to allow for settling and sanding.
6. Let dry thoroughly before sanding or finishing. Dries in approximately 1 hour.
7. May be painted or stained immediately after sanding.
For Best Results:
• If used in an exterior application, PLASTIC WOOD® wood filler must be coated with a high quality
coating after it has dried.
• Avoid contact with surrounding surfaces.
• For large holes, apply thin layers to build up thick sections. Allow each layer to dry before applying the
Clean tools immediately after use with mineral spirits. Do not use mineral spirit to clean skin. Be sure container lid is closed and tightly sealed. Store in a cool, dry place.