Surface Preparation & Application:
1. Surface must be clean and free of wallpaper, loose paint, loose plaster, wax, dust and dirt.
2. Undercut edges of existing plaster so patch anchors around opening.
3. Lightly dampen with water the area to be patched.
4. Add DAP®Plaster of Paris to clean water in a clean container mixing 2 parts powder to 1 part cold water (40°F to 50°F). Stir to a smooth consistency. Do not mix more material than can be used in 6-10
minutes. Discard any material that has begun to harden.
5. Apply the DAP® Plaster of Paris with a clean putty knife or trowel filling around edges. Remove excess material so that plaster is level and flush with the surface being patched.
6. For large, deep openings apply a base layer and allow it to dry. When the base layer is dry, wet the
surface and apply the finish layer to patch. When thoroughly dry, sand smooth. Make sure the plaster is
completely dry and hard before painting.
7. For mold making, sculpted figure casting, and hobby and craft applications, please see the Technical
Data Bulletin for DAP®Plaster of Paris- Hobby & Craft.
For Best Results:
• Use cold water (40°F to 50°F) when mixing.
• Sand as needed before decorating. Wet sanding is recommended to avoid creating dust.
• Always use a good quality oil or latex-based paint for a professional finish.
• For repairs requiring a longer work time (over 6-10 minutes), use DAP® Plaster Wall Patch