Surface Preparation & Application:
1. Prepare surface by recessing nails or screws into panels 1/32.
2. Fill the space between panels with DAP® Lightweight Wallboard Joint Compound.
3. Center wallboard joint tape over joint and press into fresh compound with a 5 application knife.
4. Remove excess and cover embedded tape with a thin layer of compound.
5. Apply compound to all nailheads and spread smooth with long strokes parallel to joint.
6. After compound dries, smooth uneven areas with a damp sponge.
7. Apply a second coat of joint compound with a 10 knife along joints and over nailheads, smoothing out
2 beyond first coat. Smooth uneven areas with damp sponge again after the compound has dried.
8. If necessary, apply a thin finish coat of compound over joints, smoothing out 2 beyond second coat.
9. To finish inside corners , apply joint compound to both sides of corner, fold tape along center crease
and press into position. Embed tape with a 5 knife or inside corner trowel and apply a thin coat of
compound over tape. After compound has dried, smooth uneven areas with a damp sponge and apply a
second coat of compound over one side only. Let dry and then cover the other side.
10. To finish outside corners, fasten metal corner bead and apply first coat of compound smoothing onto
panel surface 4 to 6. Allow compound to dry and smooth uneven areas with a damp sponge. Apply 2
more coats in same manner.
11. For a textured finish, apply ample amount of DAP® Lightweight Wallboard Joint Compound with a
paint brush or roller. If desired, texture surface immediately using paint rollers, a sponge, stiff bristled
brush or even crumpled paper, depending on desired effect. Allow compound to dry thoroughly before
decorating or painting.
For Best Results:
Allow approximately 24 hours between applications before decorating.
Allow compound to dry before sanding.
Wiping while wet may leave unwanted smears. For best results, wet sand uneven areas with a damp sponge after joint compound has dried.
Shelf Life: 6 Months
Freezing: Protect from freezing
Drying Time: 24 hours
1 gallon finishes approximately 30-40 linear feet when applied as a skim coat