(Your shopping cart is empty)
Paint & Stains
Paint Rollers - Frames - Trays
Paint Buckets - Containers - Pails
Tape - Masking
Economy Painting Supplies
Caulk / Spackle / Patching
Razor Knives / Paint Scrapers
Paint Removers & Strippers
Other Painting Supplies
Faux Finishing & Accessories
Pressure Washers- Paint Sprayers & Parts
Abrasives - Sandpaper & Tools
Drop Cloths - Tarps - Rags
Adhesives - Glues & Epoxy
Painters Clothing - Gloves
Hardware Plumbing Electrical Automotive
Clearance / Overstock
Shop By Brands
Contact Us - Special Requests
CHOOSE YOUR CURRENCY
New Zealand $
Note: Not live rates
For reference purposes only
All sales in US Dollars
Join our mailing list!
Minwax Lacquer Sanding Sealer
Minwax Lacquer Sanding Sealer
Minwax® Lacquer Sanding Sealer is formulated to work as a base coat under Minwax® Clear Brushing Lacquer. It is easy to sand, dries quickly, and seals the wood in just one coat. After sanding, it provides a smooth, even surface that is ready to be top coated with Minwax® Clear Brushing Lacquer.
Minwax Lacquer Sanding Sealer Quart
Minwax Lacquer Sanding Sealer Quart -
(Box of 4)
Save by the box:
Check the items you wish to purchase, then click
1. Surface must be dry and free of old finishes in poor condition, paint, wax, grease, polish, dirt or other foreign matter. Note: Do not apply lacquer over polyurethane finishes.
2. Sand the wood to obtain a smooth, uniform surface. Remove all dust with a cloth dampened with mineral spirits.
3. Stir Minwax® Lacquer Sanding Sealer well before and during use to rotate the product from the bottom to the top of the can. NEVER SHAKE.
4. Apply a coat of sanding sealer using a high quality natural bristle brush. On unfinished wood, apply sufficient sanding sealer to seal open joints, edges and end grain.
5. Let dry at least one hour, then sand with 220 grit sandpaper in the direction of the wood's grain. Remove all sanding dust. Note: You can choose to stain with Minwax® Wood Finish™ stain prior to applying sanding sealer. If you do stain, be careful not to sand through to the stain.
6. Apply at least three coats of Minwax® Clear Brushing Lacquer according to its label directions. Do not apply polyurethane or other varnishes over Minwax® Lacquer Sanding Sealer.
CLEAN-UP: For easy clean-up use lacquer thinner.
COVERAGE: Approximately 125 sq. ft. per quart.
Note: For brush application only. Above dry times and coverage rates are based on good ventilation, temperature of 77° F and 50% relative humidity. Lower temperature, higher humidity, lack of ventilation or application of thick coats will extend dry time. Always test tackiness between coats. Do not recoat if surface is still tacky. Always spot test on an inconspicuous area to ensure satisfactory results. Minwax® Lacquer Sanding Sealer is not recommended for use on floors.
Share your knowledge of this product with other customers...
Be the first to write a review
Browse for more products in the same category as this item:
Become an Affiliate
Send Us Feedback
Copyright © 2016 ThePaintStore.com. All Rights Reserved.